Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Monday, April 29, 2013

I Give It A Year Movie Review


Watched this movie during recess week alone at Jcube. I didn't know what to expect, just that it's a chic flick so it's good enough for me. I was feeling quite crappy that day and watch lame chic flicks will usually kinda fill up that empty feeling. The ending of this movie came as a surprise to me.

Well, this movie triggered many thoughts I had previously. I always wonder if a married couple will ever feel bored of each other or realised that they are not for each other after they begin living together? When your marriage doesn't give you any joy, will you be moved by a third party who is more eligible, treats you better and more compatible with you in every way than your husband? Even if you give me this exact scenario, I can't say for sure that I won't waver, truthfully. I don't believe in fairytale-like romance anymore. I'll watch chic flicks and sappy romance movie when I am feeling empty and down to sort of fill up that part of my heart. Being comfortable with the person you are with, being able to live together and accommodate each other while not taking each other for granted are more important factors I'll consider if I want to marry the person.

I won't give full marks for his movie. The jokes can be better. But it reflects the reality of marriage. Marriage is not something you can rush into on impulse. Just because you like a person doesn't mean you can live with him. I Give It A Year is probably the most realistic chic flick that I have watched in a long time.

P.S.: The British accent is the plus point for this movie. Hehe.

 

Very thankful for awesome people around me. Happy to work with nice and kind people :)

Fav song at the moment:


Didn't know Calvin Harris is so good looking;)

No comments:

Post a Comment