Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Scottish Highlands - 23 Aug 2013

Hola! I am back in Lisbon and the whole of yesterday was just a whole day of rushing to school, assignments, projects and... laundry. Haha. Need to wash everything before going to Porto on Friday. So much to do! I kept saying gracias instead of obrigada the whole of yesterday. It's so surreal to be back in Lisbon. Can't switch between Spanish and Portuguese. Hahahaha. My Andalusia trip was so so sooooo awesome. Can't wait for Porto! :D Will skip the sequence and blog about South of Spain since so many friends are heading there soon. We had too much drama (but fun adventure) and it's probably best to share some tips:)


First, lets go back to Scotland! I had the first roadtrip of my life to Scottish Highlands thanks to Weiqi and Jiayi! :)




I stayed in the airbnb while Weiqi and Jiayi went to pick up the car since they are the one driving and I don't have my license yet:( I had a really great breakfast prepared by our host while waiting for them. 

A little red surprise came when they drove back:


Two of them trying to navigate:



Made a stop at a drive-in Tesco for some food and water! How I miss the wide variety of snacks available in UK supermarket. Portugal is too disappointing:(

Did you know I have an obsession with meh meh, moo moo and horses whenever I travel to places like this! Haha. I wish I still have the softcopy photos of the Wales trip.






Our first stop is The Trossachs National Park where there is a tourist information counter. We took a map and began walking around to explore the area.

This reminds me so much of Wales. I really really love UK. There are many airbnbs in the park itself and all over Scottish Highlands. I will definitely be back there someday and stay in the Highlands for a week or more :) So peaceful and beautiful... A great chill and relax getaway away from civilisation and piles of work.




The water is so clear you can see the ducks waddling in the water. Super cute!


Loch Lomond:')

I have never seen anything like this in my life...

And next, we set off for Aberfoyle, which is like a wool factory. More meh meh on the way...






Families camping on Scottish Highlands.


Now I get to see them reallllly closely :D





A man putting one of the sheeps on the truck.











This one is really fierce.


Set off after a quick lunch! It takes a long time to drive from one place to another so if you are only doing a one day roadtrip, don't stop for too long!

Weiqi's turn to drive!




Stop for a castle up the Scottish Highlands.

We didn't have the time to go in. So we just took some pictures from a viewpoint.








The rain came back again so we quickly hop back to the car and make our way back to Glasgow. We had a night bus to catch too. That's how few stops we made as the drive from one venue to another is too long.

Stop over for a really beautiful view. It's one of the famous lochness but we have no idea what's its name.



This is where the Scottish mineral water comes from.




I am really thankful for this roadtrip. Jiayi and Weiqi have been really great drivers! Zero drama and scratches :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment