Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Monday, October 28, 2013

Belém Sundays

I am back to Belém this Sunday... alone. Haha. It's gonna be the last Sunday with the highest temperature of 22 degrees celcius and I finished catching up on IS. So... I deserve my weekend break.  And it just suddenly hit me that I am halfway through my exchange (plus the fact that I won't be around much for the subsequent Sundays) and I might actually miss being here, even though I was so determined never to come back to Portugal ever again cos of the unhappy start and awful food selection. Lisbon has begun to show me its beauty:) I'll miss the glistening sea water and beautifully tiled buildings.







Sundays are always so happening. Haha. I heard the police siren while waiting for the bus and next thing I know...

Decided to try to get a seat in Pastéis de Belém itself and had lunch there.

The quiche is super good! I haven't found any good quiche ever since Wales 5 years ago. Haha. I'll rank this the 2nd best :)
















Slowly making my way to Padrão dos Descobrimentos (which was on Amazing Race and we totally missed this place last week!)


And I found the Compass Rose and Mappa Mundi!




There are actually sculptures of 32 important people in total from both sides of the monument but the other side were too dark for photos!

&& I decided to go up!




And when I finally got to this... I am like omg AMAZING RACE!!! I FOUND IT. HAHAHA.


Spot the little cutiepie we went to see last week...

Spot the sexy uncle posing in this photo. Haha.


Spent the rest of the afternoon indulging in my Murakami book. Hehe. So glad for the additional hour of sleep last night due to daylight saving. It felt so weird now that it's still 10.43pm. My body said otherwise.


Made my BFFs send selfies to me. Their selfies are so them. Haha. I miss them so much! & I still haven't got down to writing Lisbon postcards to them. Look at the big eyes of XT;)

No comments:

Post a Comment