Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Monday, July 8, 2013

Frustrations

The past week was... full of stress and frustration in booking the trip and settling the admin stuff. I am the type of person who will try to expect the worst so as to avoid disappointment. I am expecting myself to not be able to join JY and WQ for the first week of the trip but I can't exactly not book any part of that trip as rooms and seats are running out due to the summer crowd. But if it is indeed true that I can only join them the 2nd week, I have to drag my large luggage along (the reason why I am flying Paris first, is to drop my luggage at JY's place). SO so so many concerns. All the boyfriend kept saying is that I can definitely learn something from this visa application process if all else failed. BUT all along it's out of my control. I haven't done anything wrong so what can I learn from it? It's nothing but a whole lot of admin nightmare. To be honest, I wasn't too excited like a normal smudent will when I got the offer. There were so much to think about and so much inefficiency to deal with for anything involving countries outside of Singapore. Despite trying to be more forgiving on their inefficiencies, I just can't. It's far worst than expected. I can't imagine living there really. Imagine dealing with even more of these. So far I am only thankful for a helpful landlord and having a roof over my head in Lisbon at a good location. So far 2 Polish girls rented the same flat. Hope that they will be nice too :)


Random cafe hop with the BFFs (minus one) to Group Therapy. I wish the seats are more comfortable!

Xiting has really become a changed person after her Europe grad trip. She suggested the cafe hop and navigated us there. *claps* Hahahahahahaha.

Had Taste Paradise on Sat to celebrate bf's bro and godma's birthday!

Taste Paradise had the nicest Cha Siew Sow and custard buns I have ever tried during all my dim sum hops. Haha. However, it also has the most tasteless siew mai I have ever eaten in my life (I even had to dip them in chilli before I eat. I usually don't use any sauces). Overall, it's definitely worth going back again! :)

After our dim sum lunch and window shopping, we left for Dulcet & Studio at Liang Court.


Pon Neuf (Jap x French pastry fusion)

The cafe serves really delicious looking Japanese pastries and western-jap fusion main dishes. We were too full from dim sum to have the main course but they look really delicious! Will go back next time for the main course:)

We went to try Thirsty at Liang Court too!

They serve a large variety of beer. I probably have never seen any of all that is sold there before. The one I had (the green bottle) is really nice! I don't mind beers but I can't burp. So I always feel a little uncomfortable after having a beer. Haha. Weirdo I know. Hope to try different types of beer on exchange :)


The boy has started work so this week is pretty much really boring for me. Haha. I expected a lil more on weekends but I don't know what we can do with the crazy crowd everywhere. I want to go Adventure Cove before I fly~~

Anyway, I went to explore the Jurong West Library yesterday. To be honest, I never knew that existed. If I need to borrow some books when I am in the West, I'll always head to the National Library or the Chua Chu Kang Station from here. LOL. The Jurong West Library is within walking distance from the boyfriend's place and it has such a big collection of travel guides and books of my favourite authors. Surprise surprise. Haha. I just spend my afternoon flipping through all the travel guides and taking down the attractions that I think we should visit for our 2 weeks trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment