Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My 21st Birthday -A Simple Affair

Hello guys! I am officially 21 years old. Feeling a lil different today, especially with my family and all the elderly around me saying that time will fly real quick when you reached 21st. Hmm.

So... How did I celebrate my birthday?
Lets go by sequence!



1) Itacho with Huihui last Saturday<3
I swear I ate so much sushi that day that I am going to stop eating sushi for a while. But Itacho is always<3 So delicious. After tasting Itacho, you won't want to have sushi at any other jap restaurant anymore. No joke! Thank you Huihui for a nice and chill afternoon!

2) Sheraton Tower Buffet with boyfriend's parents and Aunty Bel last Sunday!
Boyfriend's parents are really nice to me. We became really close after boyfriend left. We go to church every week and for movies on certain weeks. Pseudo boyfriend<3

3) With family<3


No make up makes me really pale!:O My sis and aunt's photography skills are really bad. No choice but to edit it a lil.

21st deserves to be special so I told my mum that I want everyone to be home some day near my birthday to blow birthday cake with me! I haven't blown any birthday cakes with my family since primary school? It's kinda like a grown out of it thing. We don't have the habit celebrating birthdays. Just present and fullstop. I wasn't really close to my family in the past. I always feel that friends are more important. Studies are more important. So I'll either be out with my friends or coop myself in the room studying. I don't really talk to my family much till my JC days. Hmm. I want my birthday a lil different this year. So yups, we did it on the 3rd:D My bro's looking so beng with the irritating face but pardon him! He just came back from NAPFA test then. At least he rush back to celebrate my birthday with me! && another surprise I got from my mum was that she remembers that I want a key necklace for my birthday! I started dreaming about my 21st since I was 16 or 18? I told my mum longggggg time ago that I want a key necklace for 21st. She gonna make it special for me! But I later change my mind and ask her to sponsor my driving lessons since it is more useful. It's a key in some sense since I got to touch the car key when I learn driving. It's a symbol of growing up. I appreciate that she remembered the key necklace so I met her to pick one but I can't find any pretty ones so I rather not waste her money! Can't wait for my FTT to be over and summers to start so I'll have time for driving lessons.

4) Ku De Ta @MBS with the BFFS

While preparing to go out. Must camwhore since it's my birthday. Sorry to make your screen crack...






I didn't bring my DSLR and my compact camera's lenses kinda have a layer over it after I brought it to Chengdu so photos are all taken by Xiting's camera. Gonna wait for her to upload to Facebook:)

So here is how yesterday went...

I decided not to waste my time at home daydreaming so I went to school for tax makeup lesson. I was already distracted in the morning wearing my SMU Keep Calm and Class Part shirt.



It's hard to concentrate on anything on my own on this special day so I better drill myself by going for tax lesson. A pleasant surprise by my accounting/tax mates -Jasmine, Samuel, Chor Miang and Zhi Tang(the wushu guy). They told prof it's my birthday and got the whole class to sing birthday song to me. Haha. It's quite funny cos we don't even belong to the Wednesday slot but the Friday one. Haha. But I felt really loved!:DD

After that, I went back to change and prepare to go out and meet the BFFs -WQ, XT, A and YK. So happy~ I was kinda excited when they told me that we were going to Ku De Ta @MBS cos I kept hearing people talking about it but I have no idea what it is except that it is on the top of MBS and the view is magnificent. So yups. I happily met my friends there but cried a lil on the cab there cos love couldn't wish me happy birthday properly on this special day:( I daydreamed about my 21st long time ago and nothing came true cos I didn't want to do any of that anymore when my 21st birthday is approaching. I didn't picture myself with any special someone. I didn't dream that he'll appear on my 21st so I shouldn't feel this way. I don't know why I felt like crying but I figured that I was really disappointed. I waited the night before cos he promised to call but he didn't have service at Morocco(which I later found out). So yups. But I was okay after I got off the cab and met my friends...

Oh well.. So... Ku De Ta was boyfriend's idea(: He suggested that to BFFs and they planned the whole thing. He did mentioned that he wanted to go there someday but I didn't realised that he colluded with my friends to plan that. The view is really pretty but the Alfresco dining is a lil too dim for anything to be seen. Not only the food but also the menu. To be honest, I don't really know what exactly I ate. Haha. I think if anyone wants to go to the sky garden, go to the skybar instead. I think the rooftop of MBS is more of a place to chill than to eat. All of us agreed on that cos we got quite sleepy after a while with the poor lighting. We didn't take many photos up there too cos it's too dark and the well-lit areas are too crowded. But I love the tiny surprises that my BFFs planned for me. Many thanks to Yuankai for fetching us home... &&Tada. They planned another surprise using Yuankai's car boot with the '21st' balloons, my presents and the really nice card made by WQ<3



5) A post birthday celebration with Jasmine, Samuel and Chor Miang this afternoon! I had a really great chat with them. I didn't realised that Chor Miang was in my FA class!:O I was still telling them how I didn't know Kenneth was in my FA class till a year later. Haha. I am really blind when I go to class. I was a class part whore in FA class. Haha. I miss those times with Jasmine, Samuel and Brian! Hmms

We began talking about weight and all. Then it occurred to me that hey.. They were the one of last few people in SMU who saw the skinny-to-bones me. Chor Miang just commented that I look healthy now. I must have looked v awful then:O But I think I gained a lil too much weight so actually I am quite fat now. Oh well. Exams period. Concession!>:|





I can has balloons bobbing in the room now. keke.

No comments:

Post a Comment