Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Granada - 28 Sep 2013

My Andalusia trip is full of laughter, drama, spontaneity and ample of chill time... just the way I like it. If you asked me if this is the best trip so far in Europe, I'll rate it the second best. The Madrid trip still top my list in terms of autonomy to do anything at anytime I like and the readily available and convenient locations of good food. Haha. If you know me well enough, you'll know how cranky I'll get when I don't have meals at regular timings. And I love spontaneous trips. That's how I booked my Amsterdam trip and Porto trip during that week too. Oh, and we have our Marrakech and London trip settled last night. Too much planning creates stress and makes me enjoy a trip less. I really love our "just book and go only" attitude.

We took a night bus from Oriente Bus Station in Lisbon to Granada. The best way to travel Andalusia from Lisbon is by bus. Our schedules are much more lax and chill so I am not complaining. Just that the bus to Granada made a lot of stops in between and the bus driver switched on the lights at every stop so even the motion sickness pills didn't managed to knock me out :(





Arrived in Granada early in the morning and after washing up in the hostel, we make our way to find the best churros in Granada.... and failed. So we settled for some pastries here:





Well well... I'll suggest not trying any pastries or sweet treats no matter how pretty they look or how pretty the cafe looks in Spain/ Portugal because they always ended up disappointing, especially when you have been to France. We had one of the best cupcakes in Malaga (recommended by Tripadvisor) and that's all. In Lisbon, the only pastry worth eating is the Belem Portuguese egg tarts.

When we walked away from the benches, we found our churros place but we were too full for that. Haha. Walk deeper into the small alley near the cathedral and you'll find 2 to 3 really nice churros place!

Granada Cathedral. Only took a quick shot of it in the rainy fall season as we were rushing to the meeting point for the walking tour, which we thought they left without us BUT.... we later found out that there were so many areas with a fountain so we don't know which is the correct meeting point. What a joke but there were really far too many fountains near our hostel (Polaroid Siesta).

Fake El Corte Ingles.



I don't know why they enjoy eating the preserved olives! EEEE..

Went back to the Granada Cathedral but it was closed already.

Small church located at a corner near the Granada Cathedral.




Streets with an arabic feel.



Corral Del Carbon

We were waiting here to get a good picture of this place and there was this beggar who was like on a replay button. Repeating his pleas and cries in a cycle. Yeah. We stood that long here and I still didn't get a picture with no tourists. And we met him again on our last day, still using the same trick.

Corral Del Carbon was... empty. It's was going through some restoration work.

I followed a tourist's gaze and found this beauty.




Fake Burger King.


Stopped for a gelato!


I am still on my pistachio ice cream hunt and this is definitely not in my ranking.


Cars???



Lens not wide enough:'(


There were many weddings going on in this church that day and...


We kept seeing cute and pretty cars each time we walked past here.


Randomly roaming around the area. Granada is really small. Everything is within walking distance. We unknowing made our way to Sacromonte later on.


Photographer Chua at work. Took more care in taking photos this time round since I am travelling with this guy with a huge camera. Haha. And he has to take many shots for one scene. I had nothing to do while waiting for him so I took more photos too.



We were chasing blue skies the first three days we were there as the weather forecast predicted rainy days ahead.

This building is meant to be of some historic importance and the spot we were shooting from were meant to be the correct viewpoint of this building but look at the unsightly bin-.-

Palacio De Los Córdova

Spotted an earthworm who got swept out by the rain.


Blue sky!


Continue climbing slopes!




Jewish Quarter! So pretty. It looks like snow rested on the houses from far. And I was amazed that cactus can actually grow there.

View of Alhambra Palace

Caught a cat staring at us.

And it started making its way towards us.

And I ran. HAHAHA. Zoomed in to take these photos:


Bunch of lazy peeps on segways. Haha.







We climbed up to the Sacromonte viewpoint from here!



Doesn't feel like Spain anymore. Haha. In a good way.


An old uncle was helping some people take a photo from here so I jumped in and ask him too. If not our cameras will only have each of our photo, just like travelling alone.


The dark clouds flew back after we left the viewpoint ^^V



Spotted this cute couple in matching outfits sitting at the window on our way back to town. So funny!

See! More pretty cars outside that same church. Look at how the door opens...



Went back to the hostel to bathe and rest after that and embark on our first pub crawl! No pictures since we didn't bring our cameras out but it wasn't too bad. We went to Halley pub to watch RM vs ATM soccer match (I didn't fall asleep so it was good!), Wall Street Bar, Amsterdam bar and Playmobil Club. 

Our drama started the next day when we head to the Alhambra Palace...

No comments:

Post a Comment