Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Time flies

All my Midterms and quizzes are finally over for now. I can't believe that I'll be taking tax final paper 1 month later. Time flies. It's scary how everything just pass by so fast. To be honest, I am already thinking about work. Getting tiny jitters anticipating the first day of work on the 30th April. It's not too far away... 25th will be my last paper, followed by mad mug for FTT which falls on 26th April, medical appointment @KKH on the 27th, 2 days of break before work begins on 30th April. See! I'll probably start my driving lessons by then too. Time will pass even faster after exams are over...

Love wont be contactable till Sat morning(Singapore time). He should be at Bulgaria by now. Hope there are no floods already and he can catch his train to Sofia then his flight back to Barcelona. Hmms. Just praying for his safety. Reading his email about his trip... It's a great feeling to travel alone and make friends along the way. I have always been dreaming to do that even though it's not exactly suitable for girls. I told Huihui about that... How I want to take half a year break to travel and work around Europe when I have a stable job in future. But the realistic her just replied that, "Uh. Then what about your other half?" I think I like to daydream too much sometimes. Now I know I won't want to stay away from the boyfriend. It feels... So awful. I behave like a monster sometimes and I hate it when I spam him with how sad I am and all the bad stuff that's happening to me. I doubt we'll be able to make it through if he had gone on exchange in Y2T1 then.

In the past, as a girlfriend, I'll behave like a floor mat. I'll just be a submissive girlfriend to a boyfriend. I won't do anything to make 'the boyfriend'(just an example) angry. I won't want to bother 'him' with my issues. I'll settle them myself to not appear sticky and all. But it's so different now. This relationship can last till now cos of communication. It's a much more mature relationship. We care about how each other feels, we truly want to integrate each other into our lives, we share each others' happiness and sadness. I never had a relationship that lasted so long. Many times I stop to think... What kind of boyfriend do I prefer? The one who can wake up at 5+am just to send me to school, cook for me, surprise me with herbal tea when I am not feeling well, walk me home everyday after school, pick up some nerdy games just to make me happy or someone otherwise. Theoretically, I'll definitely prefer the former and the boyfriend does not belong to that category. He's a very practical person so no such fluffs and frills. Le girlfriend may be a lil neglected at times. But I know he loves me and he truly care about me and wants me in his life and that beats everything else<3

The boyfriend always ask me why I kept saying that he has a lot of commitments, a lot of stuff to complete and a lot of dreams to achieve. He actually pretend to be an anonymous and spam my Formspring once-.- It's so evident that he REALLY is always preoccupied by stuff. It doesn't change even when he is on exchange and supposedly should have more free time during the week when he is not travelling. But the truth is... We only get to talk once a week. Sometimes, it's a really short 15 mins chat. You know, I never like to hang up the phone. We don't exactly talk on the phone when he is still around but in general, when I talk to my friends, I just enjoy it and wish that the conversation never ends. Haha. But the boyfriend will even suggest ending the date when he is sleepy. It's funny sometimes, though a lil disappointing most of the time but that's just him. The only thing that's different about him now over at Barcelona is that he minimised the use of his handphone when he is around people. He simply couldn't live without his phone when he is here. He has to check his phone every now and then when we are together. I hate that but oh well... Even on trips he does that. So it kinda surprised me when he started telling me how he don't really do that now in Spain cos the people there hates that. Maybe they show their unhappiness more obvious than I do and I bet he will be back to his old self when he is back.

I had a chat with a professor the other day. He actually told me that going on an exchange is important as it actually helps in our job application process. It shows how much exposure you have gained, independence,... And the list goes on. I suggested a local exchange and he laughed. LOL. I know it's damn stupid since SMU's school fees is so much more expensive(you will be paying your normal school fees on exchange), the location is so convenient, the school compound is so much cleaner and people are friendlier... I thought of a local exchange cos I don't wanna be away from love anymore, I want to S/U some modules and I want to experience being in the same school as the boyfriend. It's stupid and I know I'll be so bitter about it when I start to see my friends going away for exchange. But I won't want to go in Y3T2 cos I want to secure a good Year 3 summer internship. Sigha.

Ah well... Exchange does not really matter if I get a good Year 3 summer internship. Internship is still more important. Furthermore, I still have 2 long years of university life. It just got to be that there's still a long way to graduation and I wish I can graduate earlier... I don't know why. I have always wished that I can study forever and not work. I don't want that kinda responsibility. I rather be a carefree student(which is not exactly the case now). Hmm. I asked Huihui out of the blue if we are going on a grad trip together and she thought I was crazy cos we still have 2 long years of school. Haha. She kinda knocked some sense onto me but we came to a conclusion that we will plan it next semester after she planned her exchange. She is probably the only close friend I have in SMU. I met many people. I can talk to all my SMU friends but I don't exactly have a clique kinda thing. So I guess Huihui and I can have a romantic honeymooney grad trip together. LOL. I have to see the northern lights someday! It's a MUST. Seeing Eugene's photos just makes me so jealous! He took a very beautiful shot of the northern lights at Kiruna. He even gave us the link in case we want to go there on exchange. Ah... Y3T2 is a bad time to go): Seeing the northern lights will be on the top of my wishlist from now on...






No comments:

Post a Comment