Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Monday, November 4, 2013

Alfama

*Wave wave* I am still in Lisbon this Sunday. Why oh why? But as usual Sundays seem to be the warmest day of the week. I took a little trip down to Alfama, the oldest district of Lisbon.







Pretty fluffy clouds while waiting for the bus to Alfama.

Alfama!

As I walk down the streets of Alfama, I can hear Fado music playing. It's a really nice feeling!


On my way to find Pateo 13, as recommended by Weijie when I met them in Madrid.

But it's closed :(

So I settled for this little eatery - Restaurente Mestre André. View from the little eatery:

Quite a few people walked back from Pateo 13 and settled for this. The taste is quite unique. Bacon wrapped sausage and plums. But nothing fantastic. I bet Pateo 13 is gonna be much better.

While making my way to Miradouro de Santa Luzia...




Beautiful sunday indeed :) Actually I have been to this viewpoint unknowingly with wy and px during the first week we were here.


The navy ships!



SEE. Love locks are everywhere!







Lisbon Cathedral


Walked down to Baixa...



Many unhappy things happened this week but my midweek was suddenly cheered up by the Singapore NUS/NTU gang who came to visit Lisbon :) Monday to Wednesday has always been the most tedious part of the week so I allow myself to just take the rest of the week slow, the European way;) Looking forward to Amsterdam next Friday but definitely not the weird snow at 9 degrees and the cold!


P.S.: 5 more weeks of school left before the travel-packed Dec!
P.S.S.: Wish me luck in SMU bidding war for the last time in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment