Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Friday, November 29, 2013

Anne Frank

"I long to ride a bike, dance, whistle, look at the world, feel young and know that I'm free, and yet I can't let it show."                                            


I bought the Anne Frank book as a souvenir from the Anne Frank House visit and immediately got down to rereading the book again. It felt so different to read it now after visiting the Auschwitz concentration camp and the hiding place of Anne Frank. I last read the book in primary school and probably couldn't appreciate many parts of it back then. Now, I find it so amazing that her writing matured in just a year after she started hiding in the house. And also I am able to relate to her much more after visiting those important historical sites. If only I was more interested in my student exchange, I would have planned a visit to Bergen-Belsen and the Normandy...

Sorry for the short hiatus. I have been busy with some interviews and catching up with school work and revision before I leave for my December trips! I have to pass my modules so I can't just ignore them and go for my holidays worries free. I have been procrastinating on the Oxford post because... it was a walking tour of Oxford in general. The only major attractions that I can recall right now are those that left really awesome memory in me five years ago. Shall I skip it and go on to blog day 4 of London? Hmm.


Ending off with my favourite quote from the book:
"Riches, prestige, everything can be lost. But the happiness in your own heart can only be dimmed; it will always be there, as long as you live, to make you happy again."


No comments:

Post a Comment