Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Friday, July 29, 2011

Phu Quoc. Island paradise. Day 2.

Today is the first day of our adventure:D





Love rented a motorcycle and vroom vroom vroom~ Off we went to explore the island(Never let my mum know that I rode a bike. Okay. Sat on a bike during the trip with love. 100% dangerous. Love doesn’t have a license to ride a bike:X). We planned to visit the Suoi Tranh waterfall first followed by having seafood at Ham Ninh before going to the Da Ngon Waterfall. But it started raining heavily when we were reaching Suoi Tranh waterfall. And as first-time bikers, we totally forgot that we might need a raincoat so we ended up having to take shelter at some place near the waterfall. This is where we met the Australian couple. The girlfriend is a student while the boyfriend is already working(we kept running into them for the rest of our trip from this point onwards). The rain was too heavy and I was already freezing so we travelled to Ham Ninh to get raincoats and have our lunch first before going back to the waterfall. On our way there, we were constantly hit by the bullet-like raindrops and the tar which had yet settled on the newly constructed roads. The tar is totally a killer. It was so so so painful with all these projectiles hitting on us but strangely enough, I don’t feel a least bit afraid to be on a bike. I know I can always trust and rely on him.

We stopped over at some café for coffee, found a nice place to have seafood. I love their fish soup with tamarinds! The taste is so unique. It’s simply heavenly. The minus points will be the stray dogs which almost scared me to tears. I was really scared of dogs. But I sort of overcome my fear for house kept small dogs and maybe those huge lazy ones but not stray dogs. There were so many of them and the small ones kept touching my legs. Just imagine the scene. Gah. But it’s also my fault that some of them got kicked/beaten up cos I screamed. Ah well… I don’t mean to.

We forgot to take a photo of the bike but I guess this is the only photo I found with the bike in it.

  


 The awesome fish soup!









Then we put on our raincoat and went back to the waterfall again. We paid about 3000 VND to get into Suoi Tranh waterfall which is real cheap! I don’t know why but Suoi Tranh Waterfall reminds me more of Kota Tinggi than Erawan Waterfall. It’s probably due to the lack of man-made staircases in some point of the trek. They placed stones all around to make it easier for people to trek.










Love was like kinda shocked at how much I am afraid of the tree trunks and creepy crawlies. The thing is I'll scream but maybe I am NOT that SCARED:X I don't know what happened but I blurted out that I am not exactly an outdoor person. I am not against trekking, waterfalls or anything. It's just that I won't feel oh-so-excited when I know that I am going to visit these places. I do enjoy it after that although I may scream a bit on the way. I am not exposed much to this kinda things. I don't have a group of friends to trek together or who are very into these kinda activities. I don't mind trying&& I have to say that I am always glad that I tried. I always enjoy it. Many times, I felt inferior because I am not good in outdoor activities. I don't go to poor countries to volunteer. I don't go to outdoor camps much. I feel sucky when I feel scared when I go outdoors, when I see mud, dirt,... Sounds pampered? But my fear of them did died down a lil as the time goes by. Really. I'll learn. Even though sometimes I'll try to make myself feel better and tell myself that different people has different interests and  are good at different things,... I know I am still bad in this area. Inadequacy. Intolerable. I feel that shopping is pointless when we go overseas. The valuable time should be spent on exploring the place, go outdoors(I told you I am not against it), sightseeing,...


We took hours to get to Da Ngon waterfall. The uneven road with lots of potholes is a killer. My butt suffered a lot I'll say. But chickens, dogs, cows and cats crossing the road entertained us on our way.

Da Ngon is quite a disappointment. There's so much pollution! There were actually quite a lot of shells at the waterfall so I asked a stupid question,"So shells survive at waterfalls?" Obviously not. They are like the remnants left by the locals who feasted on seafood there-.-We only walked around that area and we didn't know where to trek or is there anywhere else to go. The water was cooling though. I wanted to rinse my sandals when we were about to leave the waterfall but the water was flowing so fast that one of my sandals was washed away. For a moment I thought I'll never get it back so I laughed. Alvin was so worried and he ran to try to get it back. 1 of the locals helped a bit and my prince eventually managed to find my lost glass slipper and returned it back to me. Hehs:D:D After I wear my sandals, I slipped-.- Okay. That's all for Da Ngon. I just googled about it. I think we are supposed to trek upwards and it seems to be a real tedious one. A tough journey to get there but we didn't get to figure out which way to trek. Wasted trip. Can we come here again?









 Just look at how dirty it is!



After that, I was already giddy due to the rain and the bumpy roads. We rode to Ong Lang beach next for sunset. 2 stray dogs and a beautiful sun to end our beautiful evening.

Mangroves!












Had dinner at Swedish/viet.

I am scared of the dark. Maybe lesser now as I grow up but still significant scared. It was totally dark when we were finding our way back to the beach club and I was totally scared stiff. I guess I kinda scare Alvin too by grabbing tightly to him on our way back.

That marks the end of day 2(:

P.S. I used my makeup remover to remove all the tar on me. SEE! I can totally advertise for Biore now. It can even remove tar!:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment