Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Monday, August 15, 2011

All good things come to an end. Bye summer 2011.

Twisting my Minnie Mouse Dr. Grip mechanical pencil while staring blankly at the FRS and constantly stealing glances at my hair(2 inches shorter)... I think I should blog instead.

Haven't been updating this space ever since I left for China. Too many photos to upload so I don't feel like blogging about it at all. All the photos are uploaded onto facebook after much struggle(I was really too lazy to bother). I took many many videos. Videos are so much more meaningful than photos but I guess I'll never upload them to anywhere.

I had a great time volunteering at Bifengxia Panda Reserve.
I love my Zhenzhen&& I miss her every single day. Now the fat panda on my bed is named after her. But I still miss the real her. Our entire OCSP team are split into 4 different groups and are assigned to 4 different bases. You must be wondering why did I keep mentioning Zhenzhen. Ah well... There are in total 6 pandas at our base. 4 1-year-olds toddler pandas, 4-year-old Zhenzhen and 5-year-old Meishen. I was feeding Meishen during the first few days but I fell in love with Zhenzhen ever since I started feeding her and Huihui prefer Meishen so we just kept feeding and taking care of the specific panda we prefer. Hmms. I guess Zhenzhen should be up on her favourite tree sitting on her favourite branch and hugging the tree trunk now.

I enjoyed the whole time in the reserve but maybe not so much when I am with my groupmates. Not everyone but... I have yet again learnt a lot from the entire trip. Learnt so much more about different people, eye-opening experience of the lives and behaviour of the natives, importance of being organised,... Too much to blog so I rather not elaborate on it much. Just to summmarise everything, I learn something new after every trip.

I realised that I have been meeting love every single day after I am back until today. It will be so weird when I finally start school tomorrow. I won't get to see him that often. Summer holidays have officially come to an end. I am looking forward to school but I am already missing my summer holidays now as it is slowly slipping away. We can never have the best of both worlds.

Summer is sooooo much better than expected. I made new friends, work at a childcare(I miss the kids), 3 overseas trips, tremendous improvement in my r/s with love, met as many friends as possible, learnt to speak up my mind, learn more about myself(Things that I don't like. I will always say that I am okay with anything cos I really don't mind the options but now I have found a handful of things that I really don't like.), the birth of my baby Canon and Holga, developed more hobbies,... Exactly 4 months of break and it's a rather fulfilling and balanced one(:

A new school year, a huge motivation to get me started(Still anxiously waiting for another), all the unknowns that is coming our way,... Let's go!



P.S. I have so so much to say but I guess I still need some time to regain my passion to blog after so long. Just a brief one first!

No comments:

Post a Comment