Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fifty shades

With all the hype and criticism about Fifty Shades Trilogy, I thought I could do a review about it. I really like the series after completing the whole series. It is the first series of book I read on my Kindle Touch.


Yes. The book is indeed erotic and too adult for me, or probably all the Asian unmarried and conservative females. Frankly speaking, I felt like putting the book down after the first sex scene and the part about making Ana, the female lead, the submissive. I read on cos it's on the charts for so many weeks. I have a feeling that there's something deeper than that, the whole series can't be about sex.

True enough, I couldn't put the book down after beginning of the second book. It's still a simple fairy tale like romance. Simple, short and sweet. Just the way I like it. Christian Grey, the male lead, had  a dark history. He is born in a abusive family and his stepfather often abuse him and his mum when he was less than three years old. His mum was found dead later on and he got adopted by a pair of doctors. He grew up wealthy but never been able to get over his past. He grew up having a sick sex habit of signing contract with girls to get in a Dominant-Submissive relationship. He thought that hitting girls and pleasuring them with pain makes him feel better and fill the empty holes in his life. He was so wrong until he met Ana. I love how he is so protective of her and began to learn how to love because of her. He is a torn man in many ways but yet, so willing to overcome his pain and dark history to love her. I teared reading some scenes and nearly cried for many others. I am the the flower and hearts kind of girls. & stories like this touched my heart and the ending makes me smile for days. I don't understand most of the kinky sex scenes. I bet most of the girls my age don't understand them either. But read on, and you'll find it a really good read. Read on for the struggles one will face in a relationship and how they overcome it. It's really an enjoyable read for me in a long time. I took the sex scenes like those you watch in movies such as Friends with Benefits or No Strings Attached. The storyline is still good and touching in many other ways. I didn't regret reading them and thinking of the ending still makes me smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment