Nuffnang

Instagrammy

Sunday, January 26, 2014

London Day 4 - 27 Aug 2013

Roamed around London by myself for the first time. I was yearning so much for personal time and this served as a preview of travelling alone before my Madrid trip.





Started the day really early cos I planned to visit (and do an audio tour for) both House of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. I hit the peak metro hour and the day trip ticket was much more expensive than the usual rates, something that I didn't expect. My mum kept asking why am I doing a London trip when I have been here before. The thing about London is that it is always nice. I can really go back there again and again without feeling bored. I love the English culture so much. I felt like I could live there. && I didn't get to visit these two attractions the previous time I was there (only open to the public during Summer).









This is supposed to be a photo with Big Ben behind but boohoooooo...

At the waiting area for the tour. Not pictures are allowed in the Parliament. It was a really good experience. If only I were there for a few more days. I could actually queued to get a glimpse of their voting for the Syria War issue.

All bright and sunny when the tour ended:)



Walked to Westminster Abbey after that!


No pictures allowed in the main church. Westminster Abbey was pretty much like a graveyard for the smartest, famous and royals. It got pretty boring after awhile or what I was really hungry throughout the tour.












After lunch, it was Buckingham Palace! Didn't have time to join the crowd for the change of guards but I don't think I would want to squeeze with the large summer crowd too.






It looks so different in summer!







Mandatory London Tube shot. Haha.

Made my way to the famous Hummingbird Bakery!






The red velvet cupcake is the best I have ever eaten. The only cupcake flavour I love. Too bad I was alone! All the other cakes looks good!


After doing some quick shopping, it was time to meet Jiayi and Weiqi at the Golden Mine for roasted duck!

The duck is so tender and fat. Haha. Awesome and special texture I'll say.

Hor fun.

Off to Harrods next!

It is so different from the past and they have made it so clear who their target customers are.

Next post on my Paris trip with Weiqi :D

No comments:

Post a Comment